Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Few Bad Screws


The weather is finally decent enough to break out my roller blades. I bought new wheels in preparation for a new season of skating. Now I had to take the old wheels off and the worst happens. The god damned screw strips. I tried using a slightly larger wrench and it just stripped more. It got even worse, when 2 other screws did the same damn thing.

Now there is only one set of replacement screws in my set, so my skates are basically ruined. The screws are proprietary ones that fit into special notches, so I have to buy new skates. The company doesn't make those screws anymore. I've been waiting so long to get the skates out and now I'm livid.

Why does there have to be so many fucking screw types? I really wish that skate screws where the phillips/flat head variety. You know the ones that the long notch for the flat head and a smaller notch perpendicular for phillips heads. They probably make those weird skate screws just so you have to replace you skates every few years.

Thank god for the skate clearance sale at the local store. I refuse to miss skating this weekend, so I will get new blades, even if I have to break into my drinking money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home