Sunday, October 21, 2007

Hyper Kids



Hyper kids seem to have gotten worse since I was young. I was one of the most excitable kids, but there are kids that are at extremes today. It amazes me how much energy these tiny little people can have. They get so bad that doctors give them these medications. I have a feeling that having to pay bills would cure these kids very fast.

Why do most kids seem so much more hyper today? Is it just because I'm so much older? Is it cartoons/games? or is it all that high fructose corn syrup in their candy?

I'm sure they seem really bad in comparison with my current age. It's been a long time since I've had the near zero responsibility of a kid. Maybe I have forgotten how it feels when everything is new and exciting.

Now I'm also sure that the kids and video games that kids play are also part of it. Many parents let the television baby sit their kids. There are a lot of parents that are a little too lazy to actually raise their kids. They will let the TV distract their kid, so they don't have to make an extra effort. Why take extra time to talk to your kids when you can just let the TV do that for you?

High fructose corn syrup has to share some of the blame. This artificially produced sugar is a big part of the reason why there are so many fat kids today. Fat foods are bad, but that super sugar really packs on the pounds. The artificial crap in foods must be playing havoc with our systems. Food is big business, so you probably won't be hearing about a direct link between problem kids and these additives, anytime soon.

Don't let television raise your kids and try to keep them away from the artificial crap. Make them go outside and give them plenty of choirs. All this might help keep your kid from becoming too hyper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home